Thursday, May 31, 2012

Ecological Footprint Reflection


Re-Calculated Ecological Footprint

Original Ecological Footprint

Difference of 1.4 Planets!

     I was able to lessen my impact my 1.4 planets. The only way I was able to do so was by sticking to the goals that I had set in place at the beginning of the quarter. My absolute biggest accomplishment was completely cutting back on meat and processed foods. I was able to reduce my food percentage on the EF calculator from 44% to 31%! My "service" percentage is finally larger than my food percentage like most everyone else in the class! I kept my showers within 5 minutes and I have been packing myself lunches for work. I have been carpooling everywhere I go, because I don't have a car, and have been trying to take public transportation more often to work.
     I do believe I will be able to keep these goals going, because they are pretty much part of my daily habit. I no longer feel a need to take long showers or eat meat all the time. I've been eating all around healthier now that summer's about to hit and I want to look good for the ladies. I can honestly say that I feel healthier than I have in a long time. I have knocked off 7,000 lbs of CO2 so far from staying away from meat one day a week this quarter, and I know I can knock off the entire 36,500 lbs of CO2 by the end of next March.

1 comment:

  1. Stewart! I am so impressed with your EF reduction achievements! Best I've seen so far among your classmates! Good luck maintaining and increasing your sustainability efforts. 50/50

    ReplyDelete